Wednesday, March 11, 2009

In Their Eyes

I saw these kids every night as I go to the office. This is their playground, dining room or worst their bedroom. They found their comfort zone on this area. Their innocent hands learned to soak-in to the dirt of the 'real world'. Instead of playing in the real playground, instead of eating warm soup and nutritious food in a place called house, in this place they eat crumbs,remnants, spoiled, already thrown foods, instead of sleeping with warm blanket and feel the security of their own family well they don't know the feeling of being treated fairly. They grow-up having hunger pang, malnourished body, tired, and dreamless. They grow-up without holding a pen and paper, for not knowing how to read and write, they grow-up without feeling of being accepted by the people around and the most painful is the feeling of being in an 'untouchable caste' with their own family .
I as a student would feel so much guilt, for I only give my sympathy and can't do something worthwhile for them, I feel so much guilt because I am being supported by my parents to go to school while they aren't. I am so much guilty because I can read write and speak with sense while them they aren't. I feel so much pain, why they haven't have any chance of being at school. Why these kids are being thrown-up by their own parents, why these kids are being unfairly treated by their fate.
Can you still remember the most popular saying of our national hero?

'Ang kabataan ang pag-asa ng bayan.' Now let us rephrase this 'Ang kabataan pa ba ang pag asa ng bayan?'

If that is the case, what would happen to our country if we're not fair to these kids? One of these may dream of being a doctor, one of these may dream of being a great politician one of these kids may be a great scientist,but the question is how? How can they fulfill their dreams? Let us not end their dreams. Let us not pop their bubble of dream but instead, we the educated ones and the government must help these kids. we must preserve them educate them, comfort them. Let us not change the saying of Rizal. Let us fulfill what he had said.

No comments: